Kik app a free messenger app to send and receive instant messages on Android and iOS phones. Kik messenger is a freeware to send and receive direct messages on smartphones.
The Kik app allows users to chat with friends one-on-one and also create a group chat with friends to have a live chat with your friends far and near.
You can also chatbot on Kit app expressing yourself using emojis and some available emoticons.
However, if you are new to the Kit app, here in this guide, you will learn how to download Kik app for Android, Kik app for iOS, Kik app for desktop, download Kik APK and install it on your smartphone without rooting.
There is no special requirement for using the instant messenger app. No root access is required for Android. For iOS, there is no need to jailbreak to use the messenger app, neither do you need to download the app from a third-party apps store.
Features of Kik App
For Android and iOS users here are some of the features of the instant messenger app. Since the app allows users to chat friends one-on-one, chatbot, engage with friends from far and near, and do some other group chatting, here are some of the features of the app.
- The instant messenger app has a friendly user-interface. The design is cool and easy to use. The new design renovates the old and shabby look of the app interface while chatting and an easy to navigate interface.
- You need really need to wait for your friends to be online to start a chat with them. You can use the chatbot to answer some simple and interesting questions to remain lively on the app pending the time your friends will be available.
- You can simply bring chatbot to your group chat to start playing games with your friends. This exceptional feature makes the platform engaging.
- You have the chance to meet new friends on this platform via a group you below to or a group you created to harness all your old and new friends in a single place.
Download Kik APK App
You can download the Kik app directly from the play store. You can also download the app APK version with additional features.
Here is how to download Kik APK app for Android and how to install the app on your smartphone.
1. Go to phone settings >> security >> unknown features >> OK >> Done. To use an APK app on an Android phone, this feature must be enabled to avoid “unfortunately, the app might contain some unsafe contents”.
2. Launch TutuApp APK on your phone. If you don’t have TutuApp installed already, you can download the APK app from this post.
3. Launch the TutuApp on your Android device and type “Kik” without quotes and click on the search button.
4. Wait for the search result and click on the radio download button to start to download the APK app. The APK app will be downloaded and stored in your phone storage folder. It will also available in the notification tray. If you are prompted to install after successful download just tap install button to continue else proceed to the next step.
5. Go to your download folder from the file manager >> microSD/internal storage >> download >> Kik.apk.
6. Now, click on the APK app and tap on install to the bottom right and wait for a couple of seconds to install the app on your phone.
Kik App for Desktop & Laptop PC
Kik App is a mobile app to send and receive instant messages. However, users can use the app on a desktop computer. Knowing fully that Kik app is mainly for smartphones, no software developed for a PC user, therefore, software to use a mobile app is required to use the app on a Windows computer.
In this regard, we’ll discuss how to Kik desktop version with the help of the BlueStacks emulator.
What is BlueStacks?
BlueStacks is an emulator to use mobile apps such as APK, play store apps, Windows apps, and iOS apps on Windows and Mac computer. The BlueStacks is also a download store. You can download games, apps, and other utilities directly from the BlueStacks for free.
Here in this guide, we’ll concentrate on how to download and install Kik desktop and laptop using the BlueStacks emulator.
1. Download and install the latest BlueStacks 4 and install it on your PC “https://www.bluestacks.com/download.html”. If you already have the emulator installed on your PC kindly skip this step and proceed to the next step.
2. Launch the BlueStacks software on your computer desktop and wait for the app to load. This may take some seconds or even minutes depending on your network strength. You can install the Kik APK app and you can also install the Kik app directly from the play store on your PC using the BlueStacks.
3. Now, login to your Google play store account “IF” prompted and go to the Google play store. In the search box type “Kik” and hit the install button.
The app will be installed on the emulator and added the icon to your desktop. Next, you can login your account or signup for an account to start chatting up your friends or using the Kik chatbot.
Download Kik App for Android and iOS
You can either download the Kik IPA for iOS or download the app directly from the Apple apps store. Android users can also download the app from the Google play store and install it on Android or download the Kik APK following the procedures above.
To download Kik app from your app store, launch your OS app store and type “Kik” into the search box. Tap the install button and wait for the app to install on your device.
For Android users, launch the play store app and search for the instant message app, for iOS users such as iPhone, iPad, and iPod, go to iTunes, login with your information, and search for the Kik app.
Once the app has been successfully installed, follow the procedures below to create or signup account for free.
How to SignUp Kik App
To login Kik account on your Android or iOS, you need to signup an account first. With your login information, you meet new friends, build your empire, use Kik chatbot, and meet other people online.
1. Launch the Kik app on your Android or iOS. Click on the signup tap to create a new account or login to enter your Kik login information to access your account and see your online friends.
2. Create your account by fill the form. Make sure you enter the right information such as first name, last name, email, password, birthday, phone number [Recommended], and accept the terms of service policy and click on Sign Up.
You can also upload your gravatar on the signup page or do it later.
3. Tap on “Find Friends” to start exploring the app to find all your friends using Kik messenger or tap “Not Now” to start configuring your Kik messenger’s profile.
4. When you tap on “Not Now” a pop up will appear, tap on “I’m Sure” to proceed.
You have successfully installed the messenger app. Next, go the settings gear icon and update what is missing such as Kik code, web history, chat settings, and privacy settings.